The guide is broken down into sections most often relevant to all themers.
- Theme Extensions vs Code
- Should you use the Extension settings or code it yourself? This is an overview of when and why you might choose one or the other.
- SCSS vs CSS
- This section discusses SCSS and CSS usage in the theme. SCSS is not a requirement, however it is fully supported and recommended.
- The User Interface Kit is a library of SCSS components. It was designed specifically for theming Drupal and AT sub-themes. It includes many useful tools to speed up theming and integrations with the Layout system, breakpoints and other aspects of Adaptivetheme sub-themes and Drupal core.
- Adaptivetheme includes many template overrides and several unique templates. Here we details templates and suggestions.
- An introduction to the JS plugins included in the theme and how you might use them in your theme.
- Breakpoints and Media Queries
- Sub-themes use media queries to enable and control responsive styles and behaviours. In this section we look at the breakpoints supplied by AT Core and how they're used BY sub-themes.
- In this section we discuss the page layout system and Layout Plugin layouts.
- Color Module
- Some themers will want to use the Color module. This is brief overview of how to use the color module features in sub-themes.
- Font Awesome
- This is a detailed overview of Font Awesome and how it's used in the theme.